Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3rd


Since I was having some friend problems, I was feeling sad and little homesick this day. Especially since Molly was gone on her homestay visit. But! Since he's such a wonderful big brother, Takuma took me with him to see a Gevil show and my day was made significantly better.  I met Takuma in front of Starbucks in Shibuya and we went together to Shibuya-AX(the music venue).

While we were walking I tried speaking in Japanese.  It was the first time I had really tried to have a conversation in Japanese with someone since coming to Japan and, even though I couldn't say everything I wanted to, it made me feel really good that I was trying.  I was able to show both myself and Takuma that I had at least learned more than I knew the last time I was in Japan.

I really liked Shibuya-AX.  It seemed kind of small at first until I realized that it had multiple floors.  The first floor was the area where the stage was and there was a bar and some tables to sit at.  Then the second floor had another bar and a dance floor of sorts.  There was a third floor as well, but that was being used as a dressing room on this particular night, I don't know if that is normally the case or not.  When Takuma and I got there we got our drinks and watched some dancers perform.  After the performance, I turned and realized I was standing right in front of Waka, who completely didn't recognize me until Takuma turned around.  We talked to Waka for a while and he was surprised to hear that I was back in Japan for the year.  He also told me I lost weight... while I was completely shocked that he would notice, I like anyone who tells me I look thinner, so I was happy haha  After that I found Gevil's merch girl that I met last time I was in Japan.  I was excited to see her again because she was so sweet! It's hard for us to communicate, but we manage and I enjoy talking with her.  It's like a big game of charades! lol  Eventually, Takuma took me up to the third floor and I got to see Taka.  I was SO happy to see him.  When he spotted me, he walked over and shook my hand, and I was about to start a MAJOR pout fest until he laughed and gave me a big hug.  He was completely messing with me with the handshake *sigh* Then I stood there and tried to get his TINY bracelet on my arm for several minutes.  I eventually managed it, but I still am at a loss for how he gets it on his wrist that is even bigger than mine.  After that I took a picture with him and the other guys then headed back down to wait for their performance.

Gevil's merch girl gave Takuma the video camera and asked him to video Gevil's performance since he's so tall and could see over everyone's heads haha  so Takuma and I had a good laugh calling him "Director Takuma" and going on about his new movie and the plans he had for it.  It was just the kind of goofiness I needed to cheer me up.  After we watched Gevil's show (which was fantastic of course) we continued our craziness and danced and just had a good time until we had to leave in order to catch the train back home.  Taka walked us to the station and we said our goodbyes for the evening.  I can't begin to explain how much the entire night meant to me.  I was having a really rough time and they were there to cheer me up when I needed it the most.  I truly have some amazing friends.

Me with Gevil

Director Takuma

Just a short clip of Gevil's performance


No comments:

Post a Comment