Monday, October 3, 2011

First Day of School

Today was my first day of "classes"
I say "classes" because I actually didn't have class today, just a placement test. But I did have to go to the school and take a really hard test! So I'm pretty sure it counts!  The test today was three parts: composition, multiple choice, and kanji.  And they TOTALLY made us start the test with composition.

So at 9:00 in the morning and having not taken a Japanese class in almost 5 months, I wrote my first ever essay in Japanese.  The subject was "things you have experienced since coming to Japan" ... I'm pretty sure that was the most random thing I have ever written.  I'm not even sure it can count as an 'essay' I'm pretty sure it was just a bunch of sentences thrown together in no particular order.  For example: "I have made a lot of good Japanese friends.  My roommate and I like to take purikura when we go to Shibuya. I tried watching movies in Japanese, but it is difficult."  At least they will know I can form sentences I guess even if I can't make them flow haha

Then we got a ten minute break before we had to start the insanity that was the multiple choice portion.  It started out easy with test A...then I raised my hand and got test B and was thinking 'ok this is a little harder but I'm still understanding...' so I raised my hand and got test C.  By the end of test C my eyes were starting to cross and I was going 'hmm well I've never even seen that before but this looks familiar so let's pick this letter!' then I raised my hand and got test D.  Took one look at it and handed back.  There was no point in me even trying because it would have just been me picking random letters the entire way through.

The kanji portion was a joke really.  It was "circle the kanji you recognize" .... I wish the entire thing had been that simple!!

Tomorrow is the worst part: the interview.  I'm extremely intimidated by that one, but since that isn't until tomorrow I'm not going to stress it today.

After the test was over, Molly and I were going to go see one of our new friend's band play at the school, but we got lost and by the time we found the place he had already played haha But we had a good laugh at ourselves getting lost and now we know a little bit more of our school :P

Right now I'm going to go meet Meg and we are going to go see if we can find some good food for lunch.  Maybe try a new restaurant! YAY ADVENTURE! YAY JAPAN!! haha

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting to part D of the test and making sentences! I'm glad you finally got that part of the stress out of the way! Don't worry about the interview. You'll do great!! Imma be <---(lol imma bee video popped into my head) cheering for you!!! (even in my dreams if I'm asleep! LOL) have a good day!! <3
    ~Niko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy yourself! I love you and I'm a very proud momma!!!!!

    ReplyDelete