Friday, October 7, 2011

Change of plans....

Ok so....
when I posted that I was placed in the level two class, it looks like I lied.
They have moved me up into the highest level class now (L3)
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this...
The class is full of people who are absolutely brilliant at not only reading and writing Japanese but speaking it as well.  In fact, most of them have lived in Japan at some point before now.  It makes it very intimidating for me because I'm definitely at the bottom of the class.... but I talked to the people at the GIO office and they said that I scored really high on my placement test and barely fell short of making it into the level 3 class to start with so they think I have the skills needed for the class....
The level two class was comfortable for me.  Level three pushes me way outside that comfort zone, but seeing as how I chose to come live in a country that speaks an entirely different language for a year at a school where I didn't know anyone, being in my comfort zone wasn't a luxury I expected to have anyway haha so I think I can survive.  It's just going to mean a lot of time spent studying each night.  But again, since I came here to learn the language, that's not such a bad thing.  I guess I will just have to see how it goes :/

がんばりますよ!! (it means: I will do my best!)

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!!!!! see I told you you could do it!!!! good job and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete