Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blowin' in the Wind

Well... it's 6AM and I can't sleep....
I have been sick whether from allergies or a cold I'm not quite sure, but either way I can't breathe and it's preventing me from sleeping so I decided to take the spare time to post a blog.

Yesterday was interesting.  I went with Macee to the school because we were both supposed to have our advising appointments.  Hers was scheduled for 1 and mine was scheduled for 3 so we were planning on just hanging out at the school.  However, while we were sitting in 4th building, one of the teachers from GIO found us and told us that all advising appointments for the day had been canceled and that the school was being closed because a bad storm was coming in.  This really freaked me out because...well let me go off on a side rant for a moment:

When Quaff stayed at my home in the U.S. it stormed.  Nothing super crazy just a normal thunder storm, but it really freaked them out and I didn't understand why.  Now, having lived in Japan for 7 months, I think I kind of understand.  Thunderstorms don't really happen here unless you count typhoons and even with the one typhoon I encountered here there wasn't a whole lot of thunder, just lots of rain and really strong winds.  Since being here, I have only experienced two of what I would view as thunderstorms.  One was in November, the other was last night. 

So now back to my original point: Japan doesn't really have bad storms very often so when the teacher told me they were shutting down the school because of an approaching storm, me and Macee decided really fast that we needed to get home and stay there.  I was really glad we made that decision when I was sitting in my room later that evening listening to the wind shake my door.  Yet again I feared that a part of the tree outside my window was going to fly into my room.  There was even a tornado warning (which answers my frequently asked question of whether or not Japan has tornadoes) and apparently it was the strongest storm Japan has seen in decades according to this website.

But all is well now and the sun is coming up.... I should be asleep.  I hope to go to the doctor soon so I can get over whatever this is that has me feeling so bad.  Also, I have to worry about rescheduling my advising appointment.  Only a few more days until school starts back~

1 comment:

  1. welcome to tornado season. ugh I hate tornados. apparently here tornado season doesn't end here anymore. I don't remember moving to tornado alley but apparently Calhoun did. maybe I can come chop down that tree that's outside your window so it doesn't come in on you.

    ReplyDelete